Custom Wedding Timelines
Your wedding day can be hectic. There's no doubt about that. Coordinating that many people, vendors and guests to come together at certain times and certain locations is a BIG job.
That's where I can help.
After you're done picking out the details for the day and have everything set, I'll send you a questionnaire one month before you wedding date.
This questionnaire does a few things:
1. It gives you a general layout of the typical wedding day.
I have templates for days with and without first looks that break down the usual flow and sequence of each event throughout the day.
2. It suggests typical timeframes for each event.
For example, family formal photos after the ceremony are allotted 30-45 minutes to give you an idea of when you will get to the reception (and your favorite drink!).
3. Once you fill out the location and estimated timeframe for each event, you submit it to me online.
From here, I calculate drive times to locations, pad time for setup/running behind, and make suggestions on locations and times for photos if you're unsure how best to plan the flow of the day. Basically, if you have the bones of what you want your day to look like, I'll fill in the rest :)
4. After adding in the details for the timeline, I'll send you a final version to approve.
This is the version you'll keep for your records and our 2-week meeting before your wedding date.
That's it! A simple and stress-free way to make sure your day runs as smoothly as possible with enough time between to plan for any running behind that naturally happens.
Making the process as easy as possible for you is the goal and this timeline is GOLD on a wedding day. If you're planning a wedding and need advice on laying out your timeline, just let me know and I'd love to help!
I've got some quick tips below you can use as well:
1. Photographer arrives 30 minutes before you get your dress on.
2. Family formals take 30-45 minutes.
3. Bridal Pary photos take 30 minutes.
4. Bride + Groom photos take 30-45 minutes.
5. Photographer leaves 30 minutes after open dancing starts at the end of the night.
I hope these tips are helpful in your planning adventures and if you have any questions, feel free to ask :)